Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A NEW direction

It's time to get serious about getting healthy...I've been telling myself this for some time; but today I feel like I've started some new strategies and decided to get a little more strict with myself...as NOT being strict has not been working out so well for me.  Aparently, I'm one of those people that need structure in this area...and I CAN NOT be trusted around food alone with no plan!

I finally made myself get on the scale after ignoring it for quite some time and it confirmed what I had already suspected...up about 10 lbs from the last time I was weighing myself regularly. OUCH, January!  So now the plan is:
  • Sticking very closely to the My Fitness Pal app and website  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
  • Charting Progress in my prayer journal AND with the fun Pinterest idea(Oy, that's a lot of beads to move)
  • While it's cold--Jog in place in my house for little bits of time throughout the day or jog while cleaning...as well as increasing time doing other exercise
  • Use replacement activities...such as exercising when I feel like snacking in the evenings, then see if I still want to snack when I'm done...if I do, then chances are I've earned the calories anyway
  • Drink more water
  • Blog about it!
And today...has been a good one so far...I've exercised and cut back on calories, and according to my fitness pal, I still have 617 calories I can enjoy later if needed...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment